Ads

Ads

Monday 10 August 2015

FACEBOOK SCAMMERS - #BeWareOfFacebookScammers !!!



A lot of my friends have fallen victims of the so called yahoo and scammers online and I know that you have, or maybe a friend of yours. I, personally have had series of experience on this note. Mine was with series of guys, I would say, who pretended to be ladies. I don't know why I didn't fall for their well-painted benefits but I believe it all balls down to my prior knowledge of these scammers. The prior knowledge, amongst other things, helped me off their list of victims.
I remember receiving a mail from one of these persons on facebook. It reads


"My name is ... I am from...my father died in the...and left me an inheritance which...I am presently in a refugee camp where I am being fed and clothed by ...."

A friend shared her story with me and here is what she told me.
"There was this day I woke up only to be greeted by a message stating that I would have need for a Lawyer and a document that shows that I can be trusted in the transaction of a huge amount of money. Before I knew it, I was asked to send my photographs and also to pay in some amount of money into a bank account." She said.

This is one of the problems most of the people on facebook, yahoo and other online platforms face and it is quite alarming to know that 85% of these persons have fallen for the tricks.
Recently, I got talking with a friend at work and she was telling me about hers. How she came across a guy on BBM who promised to send her a laptop after she complained about not being able to do a video chat with him because her laptop is spoilt beyond repair. She was promised a laptop and other things by this so-called caring guy.

She went as far as telling him stuffs about herself; stuffs she still cannot tell me. I wonder the kinda spell he had on her that made her reveal stuffs no one knew about her, not even her mom.

"When i told him about my damaged system, he made an open request, saying if he were to send me a laptop, whether or not i would accept it. I said why not?! He went further to promise me an Ipad. The way he painted the whole thing, it would be hard to think that he was actually a scam. I called the lagos-based shipping company and a lady answered requesting that I come down to Lagos to claim the parcel. I was required to pay seven thousand eight hundred naira the day i called. After paying the money into the account, I called the lady and she was like, 'who said it was seven thousand eight hundred naira? I said twenty eight thousand naira...' after hearing this, I couldn't find the money to send. Somehow, I sensed something was wrong. My friend called the lady one afternoon and threatened to trace the number and find her but she replied with a different voice, saying she was going to give us trouble if we wanted it. Later I called the guy and warned him about doing that to other people and he confessed that he was just a student who needed money to survive in school."

There are many people out there who are presently suffering the same. She was even lucky to have sent just seven thousand eight hundred naira. Some others turn out not to be as lucky as this lady.
A story of another guy who was not smart enough to use a different number from the one he uses on whatsapp. He was caught. Unfortunately the guy he tried to pretend to be a lady to was smart enough to add him on whatsapp only to find out that the guy claiming to be a lady, was a guy.

Before you start talking with someone, you should have done your homework. Investigate the person before you start off with sending money and other valuable information.

You might not be as lucky as this persons who have shared their stories.

The only way you can prevent this from happening to others is by sharing this post or sharing similar posts. Acquaint yourself with situations like these, so that when you are caught up in such, you'd recognize the possible signs and cues.

#1 You will see them asking for money when you have only known them for days or weeks
#2 You will see few pictures on their social media profiles.
#3 You will see long stories of how their father died and they need someone to help claim their inheritance
#4 You will see them send pictures of an almost-naked girl
#5 You will sense that something is wrong; don't ignore that intuition.

And many others.

Read more about this on....

No comments: