Ads

Ads

Friday 3 July 2015

Is Natural Hair For Everybody? - Berry Dakara

Berry Dakara, owner of http://berrydakara.blogspot.com/ writes on ''Natural Hair.''
Dakara

I'm a firm believer in the notion that not every one is "supposed" to have natural hair. Yes, God created black/African hair to be kinky, so some people use that point as their excuse to push for natural hair on everyone's head. However, I think that we all have our freedom to choose and if someone feels that they simply cannot manage their natural hair, who am I to judge?

In the latest Mane Matters interview, the lady was the first one ever to admit that natural hair is just a phase for her. While it might be shocking to see that statement on a natural hair blog/website, it's a reality for so many women. I personally have friends who have gone natural, and most of what they say about natural hair tends towards the negative - hard to manage, hair styles that they don't like, etc. That's simply their experience. In my opinion, if anything (natural hair included) causes you to complain more than celebrate, why keep doing it?

I stopped relaxing my hair in 2006, and even though the thought of straight hair has crossed my mind a few times in these past 9 years, I don't see myself using a relaxer on my head in the foreseeable future. But that's MY experience.

What do you think? Is Natural hair for everybody? If yes, why? If no, why not?

Berry Dakara.
Source

No comments: