Ads

Ads

Thursday 23 July 2015

#Interviews: Tee Jones (Nigerian) Dubai Based HipHop Artist

Tee Jones

I got talking with this guy who I have come in contact with so many a time and is an amazing vocalist. He is a multi talented person and you can't ignore his looks (Yaay!!!). I listened to some of his tracks, one of which is Blessings . How he could move from that HipHop to that RnB kinda feel is amazing and you should listen. I did a quick check on him and here is what he had to reveal.


''My name is Nseh Ayuk Ojong. but i am better known around these parts T.Jones. I was born in Nigeria in west Africa to a politician and a civil servant. I completed my primary school education and obtained my high school leaving certificate in Nigeria after which I decided to move out to further my studies in an attempt to expand my mind. I grew up to find myself drifting towards music production despite being versatile in many other things including fine arts, track and field, football, and basketball. I am now an audio engineer studying to get a bachelor’s degree at SAE institute in Dubai. here at SAE Dubai i find the resources and information very useful and eye opening, as a result, i have grown and improved a lot in discipline and practice. I am also a bit of a guitarist, a bit of a bassist, and a hell of a drummer.''
He has worked with artists such as menon, freshman, n2, Mista brown, Mista caddy amongst others.  Opened for flavor and Jesse jags in Dubai
Currently about to drop a new music video with crew SOS
It's called 'new chick' shot in Dubai




In an interview, he revealed that he feels a connection with HipHop. ''You know HipHop speaks to me in a way that no other genre can'' he said, ''I am a very hyper person...I like the vibe of HipHop and it appeals to me'' he added.

TEE JONES interview
Meet TEE JONES!!! Hip Hop Artist and Producer!!!Mother Land SWAG!!!!!TEE JONES interview
Posted by Boss Lady Productions UAE on Wednesday, July 15, 2015

 ''Dr. Dre, Ice cube, and all of them... but ehn, nowadays I listen to a little bit of lil Wayne'' this he said when asked who his influences are.
He is an audio engineer/recording artist currently working with boss lady productions and a member of SOS music. He is also currently single.
''My art form is music, predominantly hip hop and R&B, but I'm always down to make good music regardless of what genre''

His opinion on the Nigerian Music Industry is one of a person who is quite abreast with the industry even with the distance there is.

''The Nigerians music industry in my opinion is at the best it's ever been. Indubitably the strongest in Africa, I think it's not that much of an assumption to say that it will compete with the UK market and soon enough the American in the near future. We've already seen the likes of Rick Ross, meek mills and drake collaborating with Nigerian artists. These are sensitive artists who understand how key it is to get a hold of the Nigerian music industry at the moment'' he said.

''I will always rep Nigeria wherever I go but I do not think relocating to Nigeria at the moment will help my career anymore than a mute song. Considering the fact that Dubai got me where I am, things have proven to work better for me here than they did in Nigeria. My songs will play on the radio stations, my videos too. I just think the world has become way to connected and too small to base the success of an artist on his residence.'' He added.

One thing he is known and good for is his skills on the football pitch. When asked if he would consider football if signed by an international club, he didn't hesitate in saying he would ''if given the chance.'' He said ''I'm. Firm believer in multitasking and I'm always up for a challenge haha''
As is the Parents weren't on board at first but then I expected nothing more from Nigerian parents
Now they don't really have a choice


See more of his track below





No comments: