Ads

Ads

Monday 7 January 2019

STRAY DOGS DON'T BARK - Andrew IGBINEWEKA "André More"


Have you ever seen a stray dog that barks? They don't have the audacity. They run with their tail between their legs.

I stepped out of my house to meet up with my dance group. We had scheduled a time in the afternoon to practice and create new dance moves. I loved to dance. I still do.


As I entered into the compound of that house, me and Chigozie (not a real name), we saw the dog. We thought they had the dog in chains as always. Normally we would make mockery of the dog when it starts to bark. It could do us no harm. But today was different.

The dog stood up gradually and began to make that dreadful grunt. We began to do as we always did, mocking the dog.

Once the dog was fully on its feet, we saw that the chains were not tied to any thing. I turned to look at Chigozie. Chigozie was no where to be found. He had fled without my notice. Running was not even on the list of things I wanted to do because the dog was already on its way to tear me apart.

I stood still and once it met me, it stopped. It made a couple of grunts and then began to wag its tail. I almost did not feel my heart beat anymore. For a moment, my mind had played the scenario. It was like those horror movies.

When dogs wag their tail, it is okay to touch them and make acquaintance with them. But I was in no mood to do such. I simply walked towards the door of the house. Rehearsals for that day did not hold. We ended up talking about the incidence. Of course, Chigozie refused to return. He went home from there.

That dog was only telling us that this is my territory. This is where I express my purpose, I have mastered this place and have spread my tentacles. If you must come into this place, you must be willing to be friends with me or else, flee like Chigozie!

Stray dogs do not have a home to dwell. They leave in constant fear. They have their tails between their legs. And when they find other dogs that possess a territory they run with all their strength to escape the wrath that comes with trespassing.

Have you ever met a dog in the street that barks at you? I mean a stray dog. I am not talking about those ones in chains held by their owner.

Hahahaha

Do not be a stray dog. Find your path and tread. Find time to read Joel 2. You will notice the unique thing about the army of the Lord. Everyone walking in his path.

I am trying my best to make this post as unserious as possible, but it is such a herculine task.

There is this specie of fish that swim in group of . They are ever in sync. It is usually a hard task for the whale to prey on them.

What are you going to do today to find your path?

What did you do to discover your path?

Have you ever been a stray dog like I once was?

No comments: