Ads

Ads

Saturday 2 December 2017

Why you should know how to cook


So I had written this post before stumbling on this post  "Why Some Women Don’t Want Another Woman, In Their House And Around Their Man" on The Mind of an Indpeth Woman (indepthwoman.WordPress.com) and I read through and saw that I had a member of the other gender in support of what I have written. If you are not too busy, you could read the post on the blog. 


A woman should know how to cook. Not just to feed her children with nutritious food, but also to have that sense of respect for herself.

I know that small voice in your head is clogging your mind with some feministic opinion, but you and I know that you don't feel complete if you can't cook. 
I am not saying that i judge your womanhood by the 'deliciousness' or 'nutritiousness' of your food (maybe I do, or maybe there are other criteria for judging) but common! When a woman doesn't know how to cook good food, she is said to have forgotten the face of her mother. Hahahaha, I think I got that statement from a movie I had just seen. 

This is not about my point of view, it is about you and why you want to give an excuse for not being able to cook good food. "The man nkor?" or "Not knowing how to cook doesn't reduce the woman in any way." This is not the battle of the sexes. I am not telling you a half truth story as I know Chimamanda Adichie would suggest ( by the way your books are intriguing. And the female characters are the kind I would love to marry).

Before you rant about 'a woman should not be relegated to the kitchen, know how to cook.' 

And this man is here reading my post and clapping. 

Dear Man,

You too should know how to cook. Take cooking lessons. And if you marry a wife that cannot cook a proper meal, you should be able to teach her in love, or take her for cooking lessons. Remember you are the gardener and she is the garden.

Enjoy your stay here and leave me your delicious comments. 
I am @andreyyte on Instagram by the way!


No comments: