Ads

Ads

Wednesday 7 October 2015

Celebrating Independence Day with Lilies Variety Club – A moment you don’t want to miss! @greatmantakiti1 @donsamonline @liliesvc @Djernesty

Rymestaray
 So I came back from the awesome programme with my mind trying to regurgitate the excitement that was served in every phase of the event. I must apologize for my initial impression about the event. Since it was something I didn’t really prepare my mind for, I was expecting it to be one those events you get invited, only to be bored by uninteresting performances.

When we came off the cab, we didn’t expect to meet the event still not started because we were told the event would commence as early as nine in the morning, but like you know: every good thing always meets hurdles; obstacles that would want to prevent its realization. I was supposed to return for a meeting but because of the time that was taken, I couldn’t. I wanted to see what these lovely faces could offer. Though the atmosphere was boring, it turned out to be fun-filled, with the attention of everyone at Jabi Lake being brought to the event hosted by these awesome and creative minds.

I have never heard of Lilies Variety Club (LVC) and it would be okay to doubt their ability to turn things around seeing that it was my first time meeting with its members. It is quite encouraging to see that young people can be committed to taking the gospel to the ends of the earth. With the rising trend of young people signing up for what brings pleasure – racing after the lust of the world, the act of these ones is worthy of note. A moment of bliss in the midst of Christian youths, praising God with every piece of their makeup is one that should be sought after by this generation but it is bewildering to see that young adults would rather waste their life pursuing after what would end up destroying not only their souls, but that of their offspring as well as those who look up to them for guidance.


After the opinion sampling! We took a selfie! L-R: Andrew, Mabel, Esther and Greatie Baba


The event featured some of Nigeria’s finest Christians who are also rap artists. Artists like, Greatman, Temple, Rhymestaray, GT the rap man, Jay R, Donsam, and many others. I could recall a fellow who couldn’t hold his excitement but shouted without control as those bars came out the mouths of these voices that graced the event. It was really an awesome moment. If I had all the words, I would have loved to recount every aspect of the fun I had at the event but words would not allow my expression. I must commend the commitment of Naija's finest DJ, DJ Ernesty. I always meet this guy in events as this. He knows how to get you on your feet one way or the other. Kudos boss!

Young people want to be heard and should be given an opportunity to be heard. But in the world that we live in, the younger generation is neglected – seen as not intellectually capable to make decisions that would influence the world. The society has forgotten that the bible speaks of the last days where the younger generation would be made up of extreme intellectuals.

Most people are of the opinion that serving God is a boring experience; however the opposite of that opinion is the reality that these great minds tend to paint. Serving God is fun and an amazing experience that every living thing should yearn for. A wise man once said that if you aren’t living your life for others, it isn’t worth living. These souls that God brought into my life on the first day of October, which was also the 55th Independence Day celebration of our great country, are a set of people I would always remember. They explained true Christianity through what I would like to call a magnificent event featuring great artists. One should imagine the impact this kind of event would have on the younger generation if it is well-sponsored; it would shape the minds of those that make up the future of this country and the world at large. I urge whoever is reading this piece to sign up and identify with these minds; your support is much needed to further reach the darkest parts of this world.

I.B. and the President of the Club were two amazing persons I met on that day. I.B was humorous with the way she presented her speech; she knew what exactly to say, if you weren’t careful, you could be whisked into a moment of uncontrollable laughter. Bolaji on the other hand, is an amazing person with the ability to light things up with his words. I perceived him to be a great public speaker. He reminded me of those politicians that easily had their way in convincing the masses. Not only did I meet these two, I also met others. Such a meeting is one that I now look forward to – I wouldn’t turn down any invitation.

LVC is hosting a camp meeting and I for one promise to go about publicizing it – that would be my own contribution. I urge you to commit to the success of the camp meeting financially or prayerfully, to see that it is a success.

Do something to make Nigeria a better place, conducive enough for others to live in.






God bless Naija and LVC!

Andrew Igbineweka

No comments: